Pages

Welcome

Friday, April 23, 2010

Patience Required Good Food Takes Time


One of the most extraordinary and incomparable eating experience I have ever had can sum up my lunch today. "You're not just a customer, you're a neighbour and friend" greeted me on the sign just inside the Tin Pan Bakery & Bistro in Port Williams as I shared lunch with a great friend.

The unexpected interior decor is first to catch your eye. The tables are sparsely place and uniquely decorated with the numerous calling cards of past patrons. They are covered with  clear plastic tablecloths, under which are hundreds of business cards, poetry, artwork, foreign currency - and even a pair of Elton John concert tickets. Be it a business card, a note to a friend or just a ticket stub found in your pocket, they are all left to announce "You Were There"

The menu offers a unique variety of "Simple Honest Food", it is not fast food, so sit back relax and enjoy the charm, and character. It is well worth the wait.

On your next journey to the Valley make sure to put a STOP at the Tin Pan Bakery & Bistro located at 978 Main St. Port Williams. I promise you will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment